Who Is He?
• He entered RRMC and graduated from RMC;
• Six weeks following graduation, he was in was in Korea serving as an Infantry Platoon Commander with 1st Battalion Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry;
• He continued service with the 3rd Battalion of the Regiment and was awarded the
• Military Cross for gallantry and leadership, leaving the theatre in July 1953 just before the Ceasefire;
• Following a year of study at McMaster University, he was assigned in May 1954 to 1st Battalion The Queen’s Own Rifles of Canada, stationed in Calgary, AB.;
• He served in many capacities with both Battalions of the Queen’s Own,
eventually commanding the 1st Battalion at Work Point Barracks in
Victoria, BC in 1967 – 69;
• He instructed at the US Army Command and General Staff College,
• Fort Leavenworth, Kansas;
• He assumed command of the Canadian Airborne Regiment in Edmonton, AB in 1971;
• He retired from the CF in 1978 – 30 years ago, as a Major General;
• Many honours and awards have come his way for which he is very grateful
including a Doctor of Military Science Degree by RMC.
Do you know who he is?
a. 2908 Alan Pickering;
b. 2951 Ramsey Withers;
c. 2897 Herb Pitts; or
d. 2981 Andrew Moffat
c. 2897 Herb Pitts;