The Conference of Defence Associations (CDA), in its second briefing of 2008, examines the following themes:
– Canadian policy and politics towards the mission in Afghanistan.
– Debate surrounding the Strategic Advisory Team in Afghanistan (SAT-A).
– Developments in Afghanistan.
– Developments related to Pakistan.
– US Marine deployment
– Comments by the US Secretary of Defense.
Want a CFC paper? Do a quick search for CFC papers below. Papers are retrievable by keyword in the title, author’s last name or you can search for papers from a particular course or year. CFC papers are also indexed by author, title, subject, and keyword for more detailed searching.
We came across some Military College Alumni who wrote papers at
Canadian Forces College in Toronto in 2006 & earlier.
- 16605 Major Katherine M. Vigneau (RMC 1988) wrote a paper at Canada Forces College in 2006 “Improving gender integration in the CF: recruitment, employment and cultural transformation” She is a Section Chief Enablers Joint Warfare Centre USFC (Europe) in Stavanger Norway. Vigneau.KM@forces.gc.ca
- E2179 LCol James R Ostler (RMC 2002) wrote a paper at Canada Forces College in 2006 “Building on strengths: improving mental fitness for Canadian Forces Personnel” He was deployed to Afghanistan. Ostler.JR@forces.gc.ca
- E1143 Lieutenant-Colonel Peter E Brown RMC wrote a paper at Canada Forces College in 2006 “Canadian Forces junior leadership training and the contemporary operating environment” email@example.com
- 14538 LCol Danny S. Constable (RRMC 1984) wrote a paper at Canada Forces College in 2006 “Canadian Forces tactical air control system: reversing the “not-so-graceful” degradation of Canada’s counterland capability” Constable.DS@forces.gc.ca
- 15984 Commander Stephen SE Irwin (RMC 1987) wrote a paper at Canada Forces College in 2006 “Canadian Forces transformation and logistics.” Irwin.SE@forces.gc.ca
- 16458 Lieutenant-Colonel Werner Liedtke (RMC CMR 1988) wrote a paper at Canada Forces College in 2006 “Canadian Forces” use of armed contractors: a step too far in the “Team Canada” approach to global engagement”” Liedtke.W@forces.gc.ca
- 15204 LCol Michele Diane ML Claveau (CMR 1984) wrote a paper at Canada Forces College in 2006 “Canadian NORAD region: postured for the terrorist threat”” Claveau.MM@forces.gc.ca
- 17307 Lieutenant-Colonel Kevin J Brown (RMC 1990) wrote a paper at Canada Forces College in 2006 “CF transformation: evolution, revolution or innovation”” Brown.KJ4@forces.gc.ca
- 16777 Commander Simon S Page (CMR RMC 1989) wrote a paper at Canada Forces College in 2006 “Command and Control for the Transformed Canadian Forces: A Grand Strategy” Page.S3@forces.gc.ca
- E2273 Maj Jean-Marc Saint-Yves (RMC 2004) wrote a paper at Canada Forces College in 2006 “Defining Canada’s role in Haiti” firstname.lastname@example.org
- 17651 Commander Hugues G Canuel (RMC 1991) wrote a paper at Canada Forces College in 2006 “Global challenge: will a Sino-Russian Alliance challenge US unipolarity?” Canuel.HG@forces.gc.ca
- 16356 LCol Cliff W. Reeves (CMR 1988) wrote a paper at Canada Forces College in 2006 “Iraq 2003: preventive war was the best option” Reeves.CW@forces.gc.ca
- 15646 Lt Col Ryan R.S. Johnson (RRMC 1986) wrote a paper at Canada Forces College in 2006 “New American way of war: unsuitable for winning the peace in post-war Iraq” Johnson.RS@forces.gc.ca
- 16631 Lieutenant-Colonel Steven ST Blair (CMR 1988) wrote a paper at Canada Forces College in 2006 “NORAD ” Is the sky the limit?” Blair.ST@forces.gc.ca
- 17573 Cdr Allen AJ Fry (CMR RMC 1990) wrote a paper at Canada Forces College in 2006 “Perimeter defence and the evolving threat to North America” Fry.AJR@forces.gc.ca
- E3603 Cdr Brian D Murray (RMC 2005) wrote a paper at Canada Forces College in 2006 “Piracy in Southeast Asia: cause for concern and intervention” Murray.BD@forces.gc.ca
- 13829 Major David DM Alexander (RMC 1983) wrote “Canada’s dependence on military alliances: a path for the future” at Canadian Forces College in 2002. Alexander.DM@forces.gc.ca
- 12648 Lieutenant Commander Michael (Mike) U Burke (RRMC RMC 1980) wrote “Environment, confict and threats to Canadians’ sovereignty: the need for a Canadian Maritime strategy” at Canadian Forces College in 2002. Burke.MR@ forces.gc.ca
- 15729 LCol Andre AJA Boucher (CMR 1987) wrote “Fast lane towards ballistic missile defence” at Canadian Forces College in 2002. Boucher.JAA2@forces.gc.ca
- 13140 LCol Jeremy G Mansfield (RMC 1981) wrote “Malayan emergency campaign from 1945 to 1960: an operations planning process analysis” at Canadian Forces College in 2002. Mansfield.JG@forces.gc.ca
- 14690 LCol Charles LC Branchaud (CMR 1984) wrote « Mobilité des véhicules blindés en zone urbaine (Roues vs chenilles) » at Canadian Forces College in 2002. Branchaud.C@forces.gc.ca
- 15687 Commander Kurt N Salchert (RRMC 1986) wrote “Northern apathy: the time has come for the Canadian government to take immediate and substantial actions to secure effective control over the sovereign waters of the Canadian arctic archipelago” at Canadian Forces College in 2002. Salchert.KN@forces.gc.ca
- 14757 LCol Robert J Hébert (CMR 1984) wrote « Optimiser le rendement d’une unité tactique : Trois méthodes simples et efficaces » at Canadian Forces College in 2002. Hebert.JRR@forces.gc.ca
- 14458 LCol Harry J Kowal (RMC 1984) wrote “Preventing the weaponization of space” at Canadian Forces College in 2002. Kowal.HJ@forces.gc.ca
- E1263 Major Steve Charpentier wrote « Prévention des conflits ethniques intraétatiques » at Canadian Forces College in 2002. Charpentier.S@forces.gc.ca
- 16975 Col Omer OH Lavoie (RRMC 1989) wrote “Regular armies and low intensity conflict: the intelligence dimension” at Canadian Forces College in 2002. email@example.com
- 15111 LCol Tom TM Endicott CD, PEng (RRMC RMC 1986) wrote “Social evolution of the Canadian Forces–Post Somalia” at Canadian Forces College in 2002. Endicott.TM@forces.gc.ca